Advanced Seach Page
The advanced search page includes all the filters available via the left frame of the search result page, plus several advanced search options.
Search options only available via the advanced search page are:
- Hot Sales & Auctions only: Only search through domains that are featured or domain auctions that are very active at the time of search. This typically limits the search to domains that are extremely valuable ("super-generic"), and to domains that are selling at discount from their market value.
=> tip: Hot Auctions inlcude many expired domains. Indeed, expired domains usually start at a low price (i.e $10 on GoDaddy) and often have legacy traffic attached to them directed to the web site they were hosting before expiring. As a result, they attract much interest from Search Engine Marketers.
- Search sales history: Search historical domain sales. UpName may return domain that are no longer for sale. Still domain still for sale will be indicated below the domain name.
- Pattern: Search only domains that match the given pattern, such as consonant-vowel-consonant-vowel (CVCV). When constructing the pattern, you can use uppercase C to mandate a Consonant, V for a Vowel, L for any Letter, N for a Number. For example if you specify pat=NNNN, the API will only return domain names that are made of exactly 4 digits, such as 2010.com or 7777.net. If you enter a lowercase letter or a digit or a dash, then the specified character must appear in the domain name at that position. For example "19NN" will only match years from the 20th century. "eCC" will only match 3-letter domains starting with the letter "e" followed by 2 consonants.
- Only show domains with previous sales: Only consider domains that have been sold in the past. Past Domain Sales are usualy the best indicator of the value of a domain currently for sale.
- Only show appraised domains: Will only consider domains that have been independently appraised by a human expert. This usually gives reliable valuation for a domain, but greatly reduce the number of domains within search results.
- Sold By: Only search domains listed by the selected seller or broker.
- Only Categorized As: Only search domains within the selected category and optional sub-category. Note that all domains that cannot be categorized will never be considered in search results in this case.
- Sort Results by: Sort results in a specific manner. By default, UpName ranks results by relevance, with the domain most similar to your query showing up first. If you select a different sorting option, only domains considered as "highly relevant" will be included in the result set, and UpName will rank them the way you specified.
When you link to the advanced search page from the search result page, all options are set to your last search. The search terms, if any, will be broken down in AND keywords, OR keywords and exact matches, and will appear int heir respective fields within the advanced search page. To start a new search and clear all current options, click the "clear" link at the bottom of the search page.