Domain Info API Developer Guide
This API retrieves sales & marketing information about a domain, like cost or availibility, traffic/ranking data, SEM metrics and latest seach engine rankings. The API returns results as a JSON array by default.
You must specify a valid application ID with each request. You can view, request or reset your application ID via the developer program page of MyUpname.
For example, to retrieve all information on TabletExperts.com, you would use /search/api/dominfo.php?dn=TabletExperts.com&pid=YOURPID. Replace YOURPID with your own PID. View or Request your partner ID.
The only mandatory parameters are:
- dn: the domain name to query, including extension. Case insensitive.
- pid: your unique partner ID. Request your partner id.
You can also specify any of these additional parameters. All default to OFF:
- showext: Return availiblity of specified extensions. For example &showext=net+org will return registration status or for sale status of the same name with the .NET and .ORG extensions.
- showmoretraffic: Return additional traffic metrics like Alexa rank, number of mentions on Reddit, if the site is indexed with lesser search engines etc... Consumes 1 extra query credit.
- showcat: Return categorization for domain. Consumes 1 extra credit.
- output: Set to "xml" to return results as XML. Default is to return results as a JSON array.
Valid queries will return as a JSON-formatted array, UTF-8 encoded, with the following keys:
- availiblity: Equals "forsale" if domain is for sale in the aftermarket, "free" if available for free registration, or "taken" if not available.
- seller: The name of the seller. Only returned if the domain is for sale.
- sellerurl: the URL to the offer page where to buy the domain. Only returned if the domain is for sale.
- type: type of the listing, one of: 'auction','dutch','live','makeoffer','buyitnow','preorder'. Only returned if the domain is for sale.
- orig: Returns "own" if the domain is sold by owner, "exp" if this is an expiring domain, or "drop" if a deleted domain. Only returned if the domain is for sale.
- open: date the domain was listed for sale or the auction started, YYYY-MM-DD. Only returned if the domain is for sale.
- enddate: The last date & time to purchase or to bid on the domain. Formatted as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS i.e "2011-11-25 16:30:00" if the listing ends on Nov 25, 2011 at 4:30pm. Only returned if the domain is for sale.. Note that some offers may not have a disclosed end date, and may be closed at any time.
- bid: Current minimum bid, or initial bid. For non-auction types, this is the reserve price. Float. Optional. Only returned if the domain is for sale.
- price: Buy-now price. Float. Optional. Only returned if the domain is for sale.
- currency: The currency for monetary fields. May be "USD", "UKP" or "EUR"
- nbbids: number of bids or offers. Only returned if the domain is for sale.
- pagerank: Current Google Pagerank for the domain, between 0 and 10. Domains that are not indexed by Google will not return a pagerank.
- backlinks: Number of backlinks to the domain, as indexed by Yahoo/Bing. Domains that are not indexed by Yahoo/Bing will not return a backlinks.
- traffic: Actual traffic to the site independently reported, usually by a parking company or the registrar.
- sem: Best matcing keywords and CPC and search volume for the domain name.
- category: Best category matching the domain. Only returned with the "showcat" parameter.
- subcategory: best subcategory matching the domain. Only returned with the "showcat" parameter.
- language: best language detected for the domain.
- freeext: space delimited list of extensions that are available with the same domain name. Only returned if the &showext= parameter was specified in the request. Returned extension are a subset of the specified extension.
- status: will be 'OK' if the request was successful, or Ennn for error. See below for error messages.
Googe Pagerank and number of backlinks are always returned. To get more SEO metrics include &showmoretraffic= in the request. Additional data are:
- gb: Number of backlinks to this domain from pages indexed on Google
- gi: Number of pages in this domain that are indexed by Google
- yi: Number of pages indexed by Yahoo
- mi: Number of pages indexed by Bing
- co: Visitors per month to this domain, as estimated by Compete.com
- corank: Compete.com Rank of this domain by Compete.com
- alrank: Alexa Rank for this domain
- tw: Number of mentions of this site on Twitter
- di: Number of Diggs
- re: Number of Reddits
If the status field is different from 'OK', an extra error value will contain an error message with the format "Ennn description", where nnn is the code of the error and description the full textual description of the error. Below are all possible values returned on error:
- E001: System not available, please try again later.
- E002: No more credit available. Please purchase more credits.
- E003: Not a valid application key. Please login to MyUpname and check your developer credentials.
- E200: Not a valid domain name. Please refer to the domain info API documentation.
Each call normally consumes one query-credit per request. Some additional query options may consume extra credits, as indicated above.