Domain Trading History API
This API retrieves trading history for a domain names, including previous sales or auction of the domain name within the aftermarket, appraisals, registrations and/or deletions. The API returns results as a JSON array by default.
You must specify a valid application ID with each request. You can view, request or reset your application ID via the developer program page of MyUpname.
For example, to retrieve all trading history on TabletExperts.com, you would use /search/api/domtradehist.php?dn=TabletExperts.com&pid=YOURPID. Replace YOURPID with your own PID. View or Request your partner ID.
The only mandatory parameters are:
- dn: the domain name to query, including extension. Case insensitive.
- pid: your unique partner ID. Request your partner id.
You can also specify output=xml to return results as XML. Default is to return results as a JSON array.
Valid queries will return as a JSON-formatted array, UTF-8 encoded, of all past activities for the domain. Each element of the array will include:
- date: Date the activity took place. Usually the date when the domain was listed for sale or the auction started.
- seller: The name of the seller. Only returned if the domain is for sale.
- type: type of the listing, one of: 'auction','dutch','live','makeoffer','buyitnow','preorder'
- orig: Returns "own" if the domain was listed by the owner, "exp" if this was/is an expiring domain, or "drop" if a deleted domain.
- bid: The highest bid. If the listing is still active, it will be the current minimum bid, or initial bid. For non-auction types, this is the reserve price. Float. Optional.
- price: Buy-now price. Float. Optional.
- sold: Final price the domain sold at. Only applicable for closed listing.
- currency: The currency for price and hassold. May be "USD", "UKP" or "EUR"
- enddate: The date & time the listing closed or the auction ended. May be in the future if the listing is still active. Formatted as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS i.e "2011-11-25 16:30:00" if the listing ends on Nov 25, 2011 at 4:30pm. Note that some offers may not have a disclosed end date, and may be closed at any time.
- sold: Price the domain sold at. If the domain did sell but the price was kept private, the sold value 0 will be returned.
- nbbids: number of bids or offers submitted while the listing was active. Optional.
Activities are sorted by date, most recent first. Hence any active listing should be returned first.
If the status field is different from 'OK', an extra error value will contain an error message with the format "Ennn description", where nnn is the code of the error and description the full textual description of the error. Below are all possible values returned on error:
- E001: System not available, please try again later.
- E002: No more credit available. Please purchase more credits.
- E003: Not a valid application key. Please login to MyUpname and check your developer credentials.
- E200: Not a valid domain name. Please refer to the domain info API documentation.
Each call normally consumes one query-credit per activity returned.